Following is a list of some of the things my constituency office can help you with:
- Provide information on locating government services and contact information
- Assist in understanding government policies and services
- Assist in navigating through government bureaucracy
- Ensure due process is being followed
- Attend community events
- Provide congratulatory messages
- Provide government documents, legislation, discussion papers and other web-based forms if you don’t have Internet access
Getting help from your MLA
The steps below will help you determine the best course of action to address your issue. Please click on the first step, “How Can We Help?” to begin.
Q: The first step is to determine whether or not we are in a position to help you. It’s possible your case may concern another jurisdiction such as the federal government or a local authority. If so, we will point you in the right direction.
- you are a resident of my riding; and
- your matter is with a provincial government agency.
Unfortunately, we cannot help you if:
- you have retained a lawyer to represent you pertaining to your case;
- your matter is pending before the courts;
- the police are involved. We cannot make inquiries about police investigations. If you have a complaint about police conduct, please direct them to the Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner.
A provincial government agency is an organization that is a part of the provincial government. These agencies and their departments are part of the Premier’s cabinet, or independent agencies established by the Legislative Assembly. Examples of provincial agencies include:
- Medical Services Plan
- BC Employment & Assistance
- Office of the Public Trustee
- Employment Standards Branch
- BC Assessment Authority
If you’re not sure whether your issue is with a provincial agency, you can contact my constituency office for advice. If you are sure that your issue is with a provincial government agency, proceed to the next step.
Q: Often constituents are simply looking for information. We’ve used this section to provide you with links that can answer many of your questions.
If you are still unable to find the answers and would like to open a case with my office, please proceed to the next step.
You can also check my Frequently Asked Questions page – you may just find the answer to your question there.